want to try lindy hop?
Join us at Swingin' Thursday – there is a free 30 min introduction to Lindy Hop. We do not offer free try-out classes.
You are also welcome to come to our social dances. Just check out Facebook page, sign up for our newsletter, or check our calendar for more information about social dancing and other events.
Taking classes with us
We organize weekly classes on two different levels - basic and intermediate. Below you can find the level descriptions.
You don't need to sign up with a partner to start dancing lindy hop.
In class we rotate partners and you will dance with all the other people on your level.
We put a lot of effort in to balancing the levels with the same number of leaders and followers.
Please respect and understand that you will affect the balance of the whole level negatively by not showing up for the class!
No matter if you sign up on your own or with a partner on behalf of the other dancers we expect you to join the classes every time. If you don't show up the balance will be challenged and you will be behind for the following class.
Please respect your fellow dancers and sign up for the level that you match.
Weekend workshop automn 2018 (Saturday 1th + Sunday 2nd sEPTEMBER 2018)
Learn all the basic steps and get ready for our Basic Level. The workshop is held in the beginning of each semester, before the start of the Basic Level weekly classes. 10 hours divided over two days, 5 hours each day, from 10:00 to 15:00. You have to attend both days – no exceptions!
After the beginner's workshop, you have the minimum experience required to participate in Basic Level. It is possible and recommended for beginners to sign up for both Workshop and Basic Level at the same time.
Registration for beginners workshop are closed now, and will open again on Friday, July 20th 2018 at 12:00. A link will be posted on this website under the tab REGISTRATION>CLASS REGISTRATION.
Improve your basic dancing skills, work on new basic figures and add new twists to your personal style. You will work with leading and following, which is essential to social dancing.
After you have completed this level at least two semesters you can advance to intermediate level. But remember classes alone are not enough - regular social dancing helps you to improve.
* Registration for Basic Level for next season - Autumn 2018 are closed now, and will open on Friday, July 20th 2018 at 12:00. A link will be posted on this website under the tab REGISTRATION>CLASS REGISTRATION.
- You participated both days in our Beginner's Workshop, or
- You have a minimum of 6 months basic experience from elsewhere
- Tuesdays 20:00 - 21:45
- Frederiksbjerg Skole, Ingerslevs Blvd. 2C, 8000 Aarhus C
The intermediate level is for a bit more experienced dancers. Work on your technique and become confident with many aspects of the dance. Learn how you can style and control the dance.
Whenever there is Swingin' Thursday the class is either cancelled, or moved to Tuesday where we have our Feedback class where we mix the two levels - Intermediate and Basic Level.
How would we describe an intermediate dancer? You are familiar with swingout, lindy circle, charleston and 8- and 6-count figures, and feel comfortable with mixing and changing between the different kinds of steps.
* Registration for Intermediate Level for next season - Autumn 2018 are closed now, and will open on Friday, July 20th 2018 at 12:00. A link will be posted on this website under the tab REGISTRATION>CLASS REGISTRATION.
- You have joined our basic level for a minimum of two semesters and...
- You have social danced regularly (This is highly important!)
- You feel comfortable mixing 8- and 6-count and can lead/follow the difference
- Thursdays 20:00 - 21:30
- Læssøesgade Skole (Gymnastiksal piger), Læssøesgade 24, 8000 Aarhus C
What to bring?
- Shoes that are suitable for indoor sport activities (no black soles and no high heels, please)
- Comfortable clothes
- A bottle of water
- A towel, you will probably sweat :)
- All your friends!
Looking for a song to practice at home?
Check out our playlists!